Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello World

Wellllll.... I guess it's time I start a blog for OurFarm. My previous partner had one, but she left (& I so totally understand why she didn't want me there till after she was gone!) So, now.... I get to chronicle the goings on on Our Farm myself. I don't get to spend as much time there as I'd like, but hopefully that'll change. I've spent months at a time, thru all the seasons, but not a contiguous year. The Jan/Feb ice storms are a challenge, as are the floods in the Spring.
We raise Irish Dexter cattle, St. Croix & Katahdin sheep, pigs, rabbits (for fur & meat), chickens (for meat and eggs), ducks & geese. Our animals get only the type of food that God/Nature designed them to eat. That has been a sticking point between partners & myself. Dairy goat people seem to think that God designed all animals to eat concentrates, because they must feed the dairy animals high amounts to keep milk production up. I don't want our animals growing so fast. For meat like that, I could go buy commercially raised meat.

I'm not on my own computer right now... water & electronics don't mix! :)
When I can get to my own computer... I'll post pix of our animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment